Subject: guix-packages-base.drv leads to segfault on i686-linux
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 17:56:39 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

This command fails:

  guix pull -s i686-linux \
    --commit=13b905bf28ec6309043bd61c5a92744b13352021 \
    -p /tmp/test

‘guix-packages-base.drv’ fails to build due to a Guile segfault (!):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[653/656] compiling...	 99.1% of 328 files[654/656] compiling...	 99.4% of 328 files[655/656] compiling...	 99.7% of 328 filesGC Warning: Failed to expand heap by 8388608 bytes
GC Warning: Failed to expand heap by 8388608 bytes
GC Warning: Failed to expand heap by 8388608 bytes

[...]

GC Warning: Failed to expand heap by 8388608 bytes
GC Warning: Failed to expand heap by 8388608 bytes
builder for `/gnu/store/cnrmdbcyy8r9bs2gl2kgpnyplivrzf5c-guix-packages-base.drv' failed due to signal 11 (Segmentation fault)
@ build-failed /gnu/store/cnrmdbcyy8r9bs2gl2kgpnyplivrzf5c-guix-packages-base.drv - 1 builder for `/gnu/store/cnrmdbcyy8r9bs2gl2kgpnyplivrzf5c-guix-packages-base.drv' failed due to signal 11 (Segmentation fault)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I wonder when it started failing, but it may have been pre-core-updates
merge.

Ricardo, do you have a known-good commit?

<https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/guix?border-high=53879> suggests it
passes 25% of the time.

Thanks,
Ludo’.