Subject: Windows version of emacs does not support Indian Languages
From: Praveen A <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Kiran Jonnalagadda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 20:27:37 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

One of my friends is looking for a way of using Indic comments in his
code. I suggested emacs as I have been using it successfully in many
Indian languages. But Indic text is not displayed in windows version
of emacs.

I downloaded windows version of emacs from
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/windows/ and ran it on GNU/Linux
using wine. It is showing question marks when entering Indic text,
selecting default font does not make any difference. I tested notepad
with wine and it displays Indic text correctly.

It would be good to have Indic support on windows as well.

Thanks
Praveen

-- 
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
<GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call!
<DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)
Join The DRM Elimination Crew Now!
http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-DRM-Campaign