Subject: Re: bug#53053: 28.0.90; Tramp completion bug of path /sudo::~/
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Cc: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 16:04:45 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 28.2

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Stefan,

>> The ChangeLog does not give a reasoning. So I've removed this, and
>> testing with Emacs 28.0.50 shows proper behavior now with the recipe.
>
> Thanks.  Crossing fingers!
>
>> I've pushed it to master. The patch from Stefan could be reverted I
>> believe, unless it is also good for something else.
>
> I think it's good in general: that function does a heuristic job, and
> this heuristic is cheap and can still be useful in other cases.

Well, nothing left to do then, I'm closing the bug.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.