Subject: 23.1.91; "bzr status" FAILED
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 19:43:18 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have set up Emacs to be the EDITOR for bzr via emacsclient (yes, I'm
invoking bzr from the command line).  That works, but every time I
commit a file to upstream, Emacs bitches with the following message in
*Messages*:

  vc-do-command: Running bzr status bzr_log.uuzkwa...FAILED (status 3)

In GNU Emacs 23.1.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-12-31 on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1255
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Mail

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
C-u - 7 C-x <tab> <up> <up> <right> <delete> <delete> 
<down> <down> <delete> C-x C-s C-x # C-x b * M e s 
s <tab> <return> C-a C-SPC C-e M-w C-x b <return> <C-prior> 
<C-prior> <C-prior> <C-prior> <C-prior> <C-prior> <C-prior> 
<C-prior> <C-prior> C-x k <return> C-x b I N B <tab> 
<return> <M-home> C-x k <return> C-x b <M-up> <up> 
<down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <M-right> - <tab> <return> 
<M-end> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> m C-y C-x 
C-x <delete> <delete> <delete> 4 6 6 8 <down> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <right> R e : S-SPC C-y <right> <down> 
<down> <down> T h a n k s , SPC I S-SPC m a d e SPC 
t h e SPC a u t o - g e n e r a t e d SPC d o c SPC 
s t r i n g <C-left> <C-left> <C-left> <C-left> <left> 
SPC l i n e s SPC i n SPC t h e SPC t e m p l a t e 
SPC u s e d SPC f o r <M-right> s SPC s <backspace> 
<backspace> <up> <C-right> <C-right> <C-right> <C-right> 
SPC s h o r t e r M-q <down> . <down> <return> C-c 
C-s <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <switch-frame> 
m e m a c s - d e v e l @ g n u . o r g <down> <C-end> 
<return> C-y M-y M-y <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> " b z 
r SPC s t a t u s " S-SPC F A I L E D <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <return> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <delete> <delete> <delete> 
<delete> <delete> <delete> <delete> <delete> <delete> 
<delete> <delete> M-! C-g M-~ <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Wrote d:/gnu/bzr/emacs/trunk/bzr_log.uuzkwa
vc-do-command: Running bzr status bzr_log.uuzkwa...FAILED (status 3)
Mark set [3 times]
Sending...
Added to d:/usr/eli/rmail/SENT.MAIL
Sending...done
Mark set [2 times]
Auto-saving...done
Quit
Modification-flag cleared

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug rmailmm vc-dispatcher add-log tar-mode mule-util
ebuff-menu electric vc-bzr help-mode view rmailout dabbrev
multi-isearch auth-source message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums nnheader gnus-util netrc mm-util
mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util
hashcash smtpmail mailalias mailabbrev sendmail conf-mode newcomment
ld-script sh-script executable dired-x dired-aux dired tcl generic
nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc
xmltok sgml-mode arc-mode archive-mode jka-compr make-mode cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
regexp-opt gud comint ring parse-time vc-cvs org-wl org-w3m org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html
org-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-bibtex
org-bbdb org byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile advice help-fns
advice-preload org-footnote org-src org-list org-faces org-compat
org-macs time-date noutline outline easy-mmode info easymenu flyspell
ispell rmailsum rmail mail-utils desktop server filecache saveplace
generic-x paren battery time tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)