Subject: Re: bug#51837: [Cuirass] Wrong type: #f in cuirass/templates.scm
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 14:26:29 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Tobias,

This error was likely caused by the core-updates-frozen-batched-changes
specification removal in Cuirass. Some builds keep referring to removed
specifications causing unexpected behaviours.

The strange thing is that I'm using the "DELETE CASCADE" SQL property
that should remove Builds pointing to a removed specification
automatically.

Regardless of this misunderstanding, it might not be great idea to
remove specifications altogether because a build that is added by the
core-updates-frozen specification might be referred by the master
specification once the merge has happened.

I introduced specification deactivation with
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-cuirass.git/commit/?id=b362f06b9134f99a476e0f2ec32335ce6ddc6e8c
to work around this problem.

This is not yet deployed, but I think it should solve the issue you
reported.

Thanks,

Mathieu