Subject: Request to update vhdl-mode and verilog-mode
From: Chitlesh GOORAH <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 21:01:24 +0100

Hello there,

The following modes bundled in emacs-23.1-13.fc12.i686 are very old
compared to the lastest upstream releases.

vhdl-mode
http://www.iis.ee.ethz.ch/~zimmi/emacs/vhdl-mode.html

verilog-mode
http://www.verilog.com/verilog-mode.html

I would like to request these to be updated within emacs sources so
that linux distributions don't have to package them separately. This
request is related to the work done behind Fedora Electronic Lab to
give people a complete FOSS platform for micro-nanoelectronic design
engineering, thus making emacs one of the core tools for mixed-signal
hardware design, coupled with other emacs mode not included in the
emacs sources.

Kind regards,
Chitlesh Goorah
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/fel/