Subject: 29.0.50; Calc nroot error variable is void: 'math-nrf-n
From: "Iñaki Cornejo" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 11:07:13 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In calc-mode, take the nroot of a number where the result is not an
exact integer. Integer indices below 11 don't work except for 1, 2 and 4
(as far as I've been able to tell). I've tested exponentiation with both
fractional indices and by doing the inverse operation (I ^). When
applying the operation, the result is shown as nroot(r, n) and the
message: "Variable is void: 'math-nrf-n" is shown in the minibuffer.
This problem does not occur however when the index is a float.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.30, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-10-06 built on heartofgold
Repository revision: 8d53c23f90aab6e527c61137ae43274c7a36eca7
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --enable-link-time-optimization --with-native-compilation
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -flto -fuse-linker-plugin'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE
XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(face-remap shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader smtpmail auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
misearch multi-isearch vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-dispatcher
bookmark text-property-search pp calc-stuff calccomp calc-aent cl-extra
help-mode seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv calc-math
calc-arith calc-frac calc-misc calc-alg calc-ext cl-loaddefs cl-lib
calc-menu calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs iso-transl tooltip eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 119955 13296)
 (symbols 48 10620 2)
 (strings 32 29881 1863)
 (string-bytes 1 883208)
 (vectors 16 19290)
 (vector-slots 8 378886 17441)
 (floats 8 45 188)
 (intervals 56 897 1)
 (buffers 992 16))