Subject: [PATCH 0/5] New version of beets
From: Simon Streit <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 22:49:29 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

Here a little collection of patches to update beets.  Beets-bandcamp is
included in this series although it is not a dependency of beets.  I
merely stumbled across it being not up to date while checking version
numbers.

This update of beets has long been waited for.  Hence there was another
package (beets-next) with a more recent checkout so that it would be
possible to have a more recent version than 1.4.9.  With 1.5.0 I believe
that we do not need beets-next anymore.  Thus I removed it.  It was also
possible to remove some patches too.

Now to beets.  Since my skills with packaging are not quite advanced
yet, I did try my best to modify the definition to accommodate the new
version.  Along the way, I noticed -- even with v1.4.9 -- beets would
not find the fpcalc. Fpcalc is part of chromaprint and while this
package is an optional dependency, I put it into propagated-inputs and
solved this issue somehow.

But I'm still not quite sure if the inputs are done in the right way?
The inputs from “guix import pypi beets” look very different from the
package definition that was laid out before.  This suggestion from
import would fail if I pushed it to my local repository and pulled.  I
left it as it is for the time being.

Hope this is acceptable. 

Kind regards,
Simon

Simon Streit (5):
  gnu: python-confuse: Update to 1.5.0.
  gnu: python-pyacoustid: Update to 1.2.1.
  gnu: python-mediafile: Update to 0.7.0.
  gnu: beets-bandcamp: Update to 0.1.4.
  gnu: beets: Update to 1.5.0.

 gnu/packages/mp3.scm                          |   7 +-
 gnu/packages/music.scm                        | 119 ++++++------------
 .../patches/beets-werkzeug-compat.patch       |  18 ---
 .../patches/python-mediafile-wavpack.patch    |  57 ---------
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm                   |   7 +-
 5 files changed, 44 insertions(+), 164 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/beets-werkzeug-compat.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/python-mediafile-wavpack.patch

--
2.33.0