Subject: Funny keyboard bahaviour, maybe grab?
From: Daniel Pfeiffer <[email-masked]>
To: General discussion about sawfish wm <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:32:06 +0100

Hi,

I recently installed Ubuntu Karmic Koala from scratch, putting in a 
recent snapshot of both Emacs and Sawfish.
Since then, whichever I type, Emacs complains that this Sawfish 
window-manager keybinding is undefined.

The key bindings work when any other application is focused, so I 
suspect this is an Emacs problem.  What I don't understand, is that IMHO 
the window manager should take these key events and an application like 
Emacs should never even notice them?  AFAIK, the only exception to this 
rule is if Emacs grabs the keyboard, as it should while prompting for a 
password.

The only way out, seems not to fully maximize emacs, so a thin strip of 
the pager remains, such that I can mouse-click focus away from Emacs, 
before typing my key-combo.  I have a very keyboard-centric setup, and I 
spend more than half of my time in Emacs, so this is a major hassle!

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

-- 
lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się    Esperanto:
                    http://lernu.net  /  http://ikurso.net