Subject: Re: bug#5010: 23.1.50; insert-file should be made FFAP aware
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 19:27:11 +0200

>> I put the cursor upon /etc/motd and C-x C-f knows about it, but C-x i
>> doesn't because ffap.el doesn't include it in its bindings.
>
> And also `append-to-file', `write-file', `write-region', `load-file',
> `recode-file-name', `make-directory', `delete-directory', `copy-directory'
> and dozens of other commands that read a file or directory name.
>
> I think we should now stop the madness of hunting for commands to make
> FFAP aware.

Now it's possible to type M-n in any file-reading minibuffer to pull
a file name at point to the minibuffer when ffap is loaded without
ffap-bindings.  Also there is a new command (currently unbound)
`minibuffer-insert-file-name-at-point'.

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/