Subject: 28.0.50; gnus-summary-exit from the transient search buffer giving error
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 12:11:31 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am on an IMAP group in the group buffer, and my debug is on. The
following steps produces error:

1. Started search with ‘G G’ with search term "keyword from:manager".

2. In the transient buffer press ‘q’ to exit i.e. (gnus-summary-exit)

3. It produces following error and I am stuck in the buffer. I had to
   kill the buffer to come out. This is a recent thing. It was working
   fine a couple of days back, when I last tried search.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (cl-no-applicable-method map-into nil list)
  signal(cl-no-applicable-method (map-into nil list))
  cl-no-applicable-method(#s(cl--generic :name map-into :dispatches ((1 #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-eql-generalizer :priority 100 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode -0x1cba953f414e437c>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0xc2b528c28560f5a>)) #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-head-generalizer :priority 80 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode 0x3a14bb8a384edb5>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0xc2b528d3218c09a>)) #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-t-generalizer :priority 0 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode -0x1cba9713a96764e4>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0x2b7bed08469105e>))) (0 #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-t-generalizer :priority 0 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode -0x1cba9713a96764e4>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0x2b7bed08469105e>)))) :method-table (#s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (head hash-table)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into a hash-table.\nTYPE is a list whose car is `hash-table' and cdr a list of\nkeyword-args forwarded to `make-hash-table'.\n\nExample:\n    (map-into '((1 . 3)) '(hash-table :test eql))" #<bytecode -0x8a04544b3b280eb>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'hash-table)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into a hash-table with keys compared with `equal'." #<bytecode 0x766b33f91b1b4f2>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'plist)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into a plist." #<bytecode -0x1c77c5758ca6b1e4>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'alist)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into an alist." #<bytecode -0x9f7e2b35156d6bc>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'list)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into an alist." #<bytecode -0x9f7e2b35156d6bc>))) :options nil) nil list)
  apply(cl-no-applicable-method #s(cl--generic :name map-into :dispatches ((1 #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-eql-generalizer :priority 100 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode -0x1cba953f414e437c>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0xc2b528c28560f5a>)) #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-head-generalizer :priority 80 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode 0x3a14bb8a384edb5>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0xc2b528d3218c09a>)) #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-t-generalizer :priority 0 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode -0x1cba9713a96764e4>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0x2b7bed08469105e>))) (0 #s(cl--generic-generalizer :name cl--generic-t-generalizer :priority 0 :tagcode-function #f(compiled-function (name &rest _) #<bytecode -0x1cba9713a96764e4>) :specializers-function #f(compiled-function (tag &rest _) #<bytecode -0x2b7bed08469105e>)))) :method-table (#s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (head hash-table)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into a hash-table.\nTYPE is a list whose car is `hash-table' and cdr a list of\nkeyword-args forwarded to `make-hash-table'.\n\nExample:\n    (map-into '((1 . 3)) '(hash-table :test eql))" #<bytecode -0x8a04544b3b280eb>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'hash-table)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into a hash-table with keys compared with `equal'." #<bytecode 0x766b33f91b1b4f2>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'plist)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into a plist." #<bytecode -0x1c77c5758ca6b1e4>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'alist)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into an alist." #<bytecode -0x9f7e2b35156d6bc>)) #s(cl--generic-method :specializers (t (eql 'list)) :qualifiers nil :uses-cnm nil :function #f(compiled-function (map type) "Convert MAP into an alist." #<bytecode -0x9f7e2b35156d6bc>))) :options nil) (nil list))
  #f(compiled-function (&rest args) #<bytecode -0x4b82e932922e70a>)(nil list)
  apply(#f(compiled-function (&rest args) #<bytecode -0x4b82e932922e70a>) nil list nil)
  map-into(nil list)
  map-merge(list nil nil)
  nnselect-push-info("nnselect:nnselect-m2r1f97m8c.fsf")
  nnselect-close-group("nnselect-m2r1f97m8c.fsf" "nnselect-ephemeral")
  gnus-close-group("nnselect:nnselect-m2r1f97m8c.fsf")
  gnus-summary-exit()
  funcall-interactively(gnus-summary-exit)
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-exit nil nil)
  command-execute(gnus-summary-exit)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS appkit-2022.60 Version 11.5 (Build 20G71))
 of 2021-08-04 built on mb2.local
Repository revision: b0d07396e8d970407a17388cdc207b9f3608f90e
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.5

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  cursor-sensor-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20210723.1601/transient hides /Users/pankaj/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow shortdoc emacsbug mailalias smtpmail qp flyspell ispell
gnus-html url-cache flow-fill mm-archive help-fns radix-tree cl-print
misearch multi-isearch sort smiley gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-ml hl-line disp-table cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh utf-7
nnml nnfolder epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache .gnus find-dired grep
diary-lib diary-loaddefs dired-aux markdown-mode color hideshow vc-mtn
vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc eglot array jsonrpc
ert pp ewoc debug backtrace imenu haskell-mode haskell-cabal
haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme rx haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support dabbrev haskell-customize
sh-script smie executable checkdoc lisp-mnt flymake-proc flymake compile
warnings elec-pair autorevert filenotify vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher
ol-eww eww xdg url-queue thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode
exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags fileloop xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company init my-init enet org-element avl-tree generator
org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js
ob-java ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-python python tramp-sh tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete ls-lisp ob-R ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec server edmacro kmacro modus-operandi-theme modus-themes
exec-path-from-shell yasnippet-snippets yasnippet delight ebdb-message
sendmail ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
text-property-search time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit
ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt cl-extra
help-mode speedbar ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base pcase cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs timezone savehist desktop frameset avoid paren
cus-load finder-inf tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
early-init iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 863493 82979)
 (symbols 48 45134 33)
 (strings 32 197031 16063)
 (string-bytes 1 6218849)
 (vectors 16 87203)
 (vector-slots 8 2000154 87024)
 (floats 8 536 516)
 (intervals 56 5966 1996)
 (buffers 992 80))

-- 
Regards ~Pankaj