Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] gnu: Add python-date2name.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: phodina <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 23:04:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

phodina <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Hi Ludo,
>
> thanks for the suggestions and excellent documentation! Here's the updated patch.
> -------------------------------------
>
> * gnu/packages/python-check.scm (date2name): New variable.

I applied it with a couple of changes I forgot to suggest earlier:
moving it to python-xyz.scm (python-check.scm is for tools related to
test suites), renaming it to “date2name” since it’s a command-line tool
and not a Python library, and having the ‘commit’ field of
‘git-reference’ refer to the commit, not the version number.

Thanks!

Ludo’.