Subject: Re: bug#48336: kicad cannot see libngspice
From: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 21:50:40 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Christopher Howard <[email-masked]> skribis:

> In Kicad Eeschema, if I try to use the Tools >> Simulator menu entry, I
> get an error in a pop-up window that libngspice cannot be found, and
> then the whole Kicad application closes. I see that libngspice is a
> dependency of kicad so I'm not quite sure what is wrong.
>
> I asked at #kicad at they said that Kicad does not have any gui-
> adjustable path settings for ngspice or libngspice, so I don't think I
> have the application configured wrong.

Fix pushed as f7d2ae57543ae6afe14434877d7480b15dcbb5b7.
I checked that the libngspice library is detected and that the
simulation window opens correctly, but I have not tried making
simulations of electronic circuits.
Please open another bug if you find a problem.