Subject: Re: [bug#47905] gnu: Add rasdaemon.
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 12:33:56 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 07:01:20PM +0900, [email-masked] wrote:
> Fixed!  Thanks for holding my hand on this.  That above link cleared up a lot
> of lingering questions I had.

You're welcome! My goal is help contributors keep learning until they
are sending patches that pass code review on the first try, and they
feel confident to start reviewing patches, too. Based on this submission,
I think you are more than knowledgeable enough to review some patches :)

> Let me know what you think.

> From d31cb88e5c34cc0b650ff181ebb6a0d85d045f9d Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: "B. Wilson" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:49:26 +0900
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add rasdaemon.
> To: [email-masked]
> 
> * gnu/packages/linux.scm (rasdaemon): New variable.
> * gnu/services/linux.scm (rasdaemon-configuration)
>   (rasdaemon-configuration?, rasdaemon-configuration-record?)
>   (rasdaemon-service-type): New variables.
> * doc/guix.texi (Linux Services): Document it.

It's good! I pushed as 2c93df3d11bf8ceeb5c203416a2533cf32275e1a after
splitting it into two commits: one for the package, and one for the
service and its documentation.

By the way, you might ask upstream about fixing the issues in their
build scripts — the ones you fixed in the 'munge-autotools' phase. I
think most distros will need to do similar fixes.