Subject: 27.2; [PATCH] The main Emacs manual incorrectly refers to yanking as copying
From: Daniel Martín <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 13:31:00 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Steps to reproduce the bug:

- C-h r
- We can read the following text: "Killing (cutting) and yanking (copying)
text".

This is incorrect.  The correct text should be "Killing (cutting) and
yanking (pasting) text".

I've attached a patch with the correction.  (I've not filled the bug number
in the commit message because I don't know which number the bug tracker
will assign to this bug report.)

Thanks.

From c9576980a0b969c855761e5a988a48d886397a61 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?Daniel=20Mart=C3=ADn?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 13:18:45 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Fix reference to yanking in the main Emacs manual

* doc/emacs/emacs.texi (Top): Yanking is alternatively known as
pasting, not copying.  (Bug#).
---
 doc/emacs/emacs.texi | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/doc/emacs/emacs.texi b/doc/emacs/emacs.texi
index 925c701980..590dc42d15 100644
--- a/doc/emacs/emacs.texi
+++ b/doc/emacs/emacs.texi
@@ -159,7 +159,7 @@ Top
 
 Important Text-Changing Commands
 * Mark::                The mark: how to delimit a region of text.
-* Killing::             Killing (cutting) and yanking (copying) text.
+* Killing::             Killing (cutting) and yanking (pasting) text.
 * Registers::           Saving a text string or a location in the buffer.
 * Display::             Controlling what text is displayed.
 * Search::              Finding or replacing occurrences of a string.
-- 
2.31.0