Subject: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Compilation over and over again
From: Konstantin Reich <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 11:42:42 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

With recent update, Emacs re-compiles all files over and over again.
So for example in the directory ~/.emacs.d/eln-cache/28.0.50-da68e688
I have file "seq-c314b42f-92293e32.eln". I start emacs and the file is
compiled again. As a result, I have the same file with the
updated timestamp in the same directory.

Moreover, I have compiled emacs with "NATIVE_FULL_AOT=1". So i already have
the same file in :
/usr/local/lib/emacs/28.0.50/native-lisp/28.0.50-da68e688/
Still, every time i start emacs, it starts to recompile all files.

It is never ending cycle of compilation.

Before, I used emacs with last commit: 3e133cc050926284109fe61f4789f67676491ffa
Everything worked as expected.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.23, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-03-22 built on 07f36f52ee17
Windowing system distributor 'System Description: Ubuntu 20.10

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix /usr/local --with-native-compilation --with-pgtk
 --with-json --with-gnutls --with-rsvg --without-xwidgets
 --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-xaw3d --with-mailutils
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_MONETARY: ru_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: ru_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: ru_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  diredful-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  winner-mode: 1
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  whole-line-or-region-global-mode: t
  whole-line-or-region-local-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  feebleline-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Features:
(shadow sort mailalias bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm bbdb bbdb-site timezone
mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
sendmail counsel swiper two-column vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher
recentf bookmark pp lsp-ui lsp-ui-flycheck lsp-ui-doc goto-addr
lsp-ui-imenu lsp-ui-peek lsp-ui-sideline lsp-ui-util aggressive-indent
flycheck lsp-mode lsp-protocol tree-widget spinner network-stream nsm
rmc markdown-mode lv inline ht ewoc flyspell gnuplot info-look paren
gamegrid org-protocol org-board eww-lnum eww xdg url-queue thingatpt shr
kinsoku svg xml dom puny mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums wid-edit mm-util mail-prsvr
org-attach org-id org-refile find-lisp ob-shell ob-calc calc-store
calc-trail calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob-python python
tramp-sh ob-latex ob-R ob-ledger ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-gnuplot ob-async
org-table-sticky-header pass imenu password-store auth-source-pass
with-editor server eperiodic cl array image-dired dired-du find-dired
diredful dired-x dired-async async dired-aux tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat parse-time iso8601
ls-lisp vterm face-remap term disp-table shell ehelp vterm-module
term/xterm xterm proced ivy-youtube request mailheader mail-utils
ibuf-macs autorevert filenotify undo-tree diff ivy delsel ivy-faces
ivy-overlay colir color which-key ispell skeletor compile
text-property-search let-alist f s dash winner ediff ediff-merg
ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util
doc-view jka-compr yasnippet company-math math-symbol-lists
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company pcase edmacro kmacro image-mode
dired dired-loaddefs exif whole-line-or-region savehist hl-line
feebleline zenburn-theme use-package-ensure-system-package
system-packages use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-core org
ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring
org-list org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys
org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars comp comp-cstr warnings
subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra help-mode seq byte-opt gv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/pgtk-win
pgtk-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
nativecomp emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 570486 225121)
 (symbols 48 47841 10)
 (strings 32 191033 96306)
 (string-bytes 1 6077728)
 (vectors 16 83532)
 (vector-slots 8 1010998 256555)
 (floats 8 593 386)
 (intervals 56 13876 15884)
 (buffers 992 14))