Subject: Re: bug#47336: Disarchive as a fallback for downloads
From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 22:30:39 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ping²!
>
> Let me know if you’re like me to apply the patches on your behalf.

No, no.  I’m just a little distracted over here.  I just pushed this
series with the updates you suggested (using #:autoload, passing
#:verify-certificates?, and being a bit more chatty).  Sorry for the
delay and thanks for the reminder.

Next, I’ll convert my Cuirass 0.x setup to a Cuirass 1.x setup, and then
I can start a discussion about moving the metadata builds to
ci.guix.gnu.org.

Also, to answer your other question:

> So we would normally arrange so that the ‘guix’ package depends on
> Disarchive, such that the above ‘resolve-module’ call works when done
> via ‘guix perform-download’, right?

That’s the idea.  I’m not confident about updating the ‘guix’ package
myself, though....

-- Tim