Subject: 28.0.50; SIGSEGV in long-runnning Emacs
From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 11:39:12 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have managed to catch a SEGFAULT in a long-running Emacs in the
debugger.  I've been unable to recreate this SEGFAULT on demand, but it
seems to be happening when I am attempting to "reset" gnus after
switching my work VPN on/off.  I will keep the gdb session up an running
in case there is some more that can be done with this.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-03-07 built on miko
Repository revision: c63d2ef59c511c1c48c69a202907b7edfcbb19b3
Repository branch: md5i
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -ggdb3''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XPM LUCID
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

<#part type="text/plain" filename="~/src/emacs/build/src/gdb.txt" disposition=inline>
<#/part>

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])