Subject: security patching of 'patch' package
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 17:37:25 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm forwarding this to [email-masked] so that it won't be forgotten.

       Mark

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
Subject: security patching of 'patch' package
From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 04:14:35 +0100

Hello!

I could find that the 'patch' package was vulnerable to numerous CVEs
that other distros like Debian have patched. Here's the list reported
by 'guix lint -c cve patch':

[email-masked]: probably vulnerable to CVE-2019-13636, CVE-2019-13638,
CVE-2019-20633, CVE-2018-1000156, CVE-2018-20969, CVE-2018-6951, CVE-
2018-6952

Can I use latest commit from master to build 'patch' then graft
original package?

i.e. https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/patch.git

There's not that many commits since last release, but lots of time: 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/patch.git/log/

Thank you,
Léo
-------------------- End of forwarded message --------------------