Subject: emacs-jedi does not install python file
From: Nicolò Balzarotti <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 09:38:42 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi guix,

it seems that our emacs-jedi package does not work out of the box.
According to the docs[fn:1], it needs jediepcserver.py, which is available
in the repo [fn:2], but we do not install it.  Anybody is using the package?

Thanks, Nicolò

#+name: missing-py-file
#+begin_src shell
find $(guix build emacs-jedi)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
| /gnu/store/h19y68slc2sx5j2m2pnrnnjqd05pa7ph-emacs-jedi-0.2.8                                          |
| /gnu/store/h19y68slc2sx5j2m2pnrnnjqd05pa7ph-emacs-jedi-0.2.8/share                                    |
| /gnu/store/h19y68slc2sx5j2m2pnrnnjqd05pa7ph-emacs-jedi-0.2.8/share/emacs                              |
| /gnu/store/h19y68slc2sx5j2m2pnrnnjqd05pa7ph-emacs-jedi-0.2.8/share/emacs/site-lisp                    |
| /gnu/store/h19y68slc2sx5j2m2pnrnnjqd05pa7ph-emacs-jedi-0.2.8/share/emacs/site-lisp/jedi-autoloads.el  |
| /gnu/store/h19y68slc2sx5j2m2pnrnnjqd05pa7ph-emacs-jedi-0.2.8/share/emacs/site-lisp/jedi-autoloads.elc |
| /gnu/store/h19y68slc2sx5j2m2pnrnnjqd05pa7ph-emacs-jedi-0.2.8/share/emacs/site-lisp/jedi-core.el       |
| /gnu/store/h19y68slc2sx5j2m2pnrnnjqd05pa7ph-emacs-jedi-0.2.8/share/emacs/site-lisp/jedi-core.elc      |
| /gnu/store/h19y68slc2sx5j2m2pnrnnjqd05pa7ph-emacs-jedi-0.2.8/share/emacs/site-lisp/jedi.el            |
| /gnu/store/h19y68slc2sx5j2m2pnrnnjqd05pa7ph-emacs-jedi-0.2.8/share/emacs/site-lisp/jedi.elc           |
| /gnu/store/h19y68slc2sx5j2m2pnrnnjqd05pa7ph-emacs-jedi-0.2.8/share/emacs/site-lisp/test-jedi.el       |
| /gnu/store/h19y68slc2sx5j2m2pnrnnjqd05pa7ph-emacs-jedi-0.2.8/share/emacs/site-lisp/test-jedi.elc      |
| /gnu/store/h19y68slc2sx5j2m2pnrnnjqd05pa7ph-emacs-jedi-0.2.8/share/emacs/site-lisp/tryout-jedi.el     |
| /gnu/store/h19y68slc2sx5j2m2pnrnnjqd05pa7ph-emacs-jedi-0.2.8/share/emacs/site-lisp/tryout-jedi.elc    |

[fn:1] https://tkf.github.io/emacs-jedi/latest/#manual-pyinstall
[fn:2] https://github.com/tkf/emacs-jedi/blob/master/jediepcserver.py