Subject: Re: bug#46255: Undeclared xbindkeys dependency on Tk
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 18:01:23 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Mandraker,

[email-masked] 写道：
> $ xbindkeys_show
> /home/eric/.guix-profile/bin/xbindkeys_show: line 3: exec: wish: 
> not
> found

Thanks.

This was due to ...unconventional shebang usage upstream:

  #!/bin/sh 
  # \
  exec wish "$0" "$@"

I don't pretend to comprehend why.  I don't see any polyglottal 
cleverness going on below it.

Our built-in ‘patch-shebang’ has no problem patching first one 
(creating a bogus dependency on bash, now gone) but can't see the 
obfuscated wish one.

Fixed[0] by turning it into a proper shebang first.

Please test and report your results; it complains about a missing 
configuration file here.

> xbindkeys_show use the package Tk that is not declared

They do declare it, kind of, in xbindkeys.spec and ./configure 
etc.  And (incidentally) halfway down the ChangeLog file.  Hardly 
obvious, indeed.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=72fabd8d6ef7fbfd19c1f1ef294b26e3c5a16bbf