Subject: 27.1; xref-revert-buffer will delete buffer contents
From: Vangelis Evangelou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 19:12:25 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello. In a scratch buffer containing some text, run the function
xref-revert-buffer. The buffer content will be deleted and it is not
possible to undo. The function should check that it is applied in a
suitable buffer before modifying the buffer.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll 
bars)
  of 2020-08-11 built on ThinkPad-T410
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12009000
System Description: Linux Mint 20.1

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Loading xref...done
xref-revert-buffer: Symbol’s function definition is void: nil
primitive-undo: Changes to be undone are outside visible portion of buffer

Configured using:
  'configure --without-pop --with-x-toolkit=lucid
  --with-file-notification=inotify --with-x --with-modules'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: en_GB.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_GB.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils xref cl-seq project ring eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs cl-loaddefs
cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 51127 7472)
  (symbols 48 6843 1)
  (strings 32 18319 1645)
  (string-bytes 1 591343)
  (vectors 16 11607)
  (vector-slots 8 156041 10294)
  (floats 8 21 31)
  (intervals 56 210 0)
  (buffers 1000 11))