Subject: [PATCH core-updates 0/3] Allow composing multiple TeX Live trees
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 13:35:16 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Our default texmf.cnf configuration file used by TeX Live (via kpathsea) to
locate its resources can be modified to support multiple TeX Live trees
without having to resort to unions.  This has the advantage that any TeX Live
inputs (including font maps) can composed and propagated, and overall
simplifies things.

This change requires the patch at '<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/45773>', used
as part of the new texlive-updmap.cfg definition.

Maxim Cournoyer (3):
  gnu: texlive-bin: Enable the use of multiple TeX Live trees.
  gnu: texlive-amsfonts: Adjust to build with texlive-updmap.cfg.
  gnu: Replace all uses of texlive-union by texlive-updmap.cfg.

 doc/build.scm                       |   2 +-
 gnu/packages/algebra.scm            |   2 +-
 gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm     |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/chez.scm               |   6 +-
 gnu/packages/docbook.scm            |   2 +-
 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm          |   2 +-
 gnu/packages/engineering.scm        |   2 +-
 gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm          |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/lisp.scm               |   2 +-
 gnu/packages/maths.scm              |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/music.scm              |   2 +-
 gnu/packages/plotutils.scm          |   2 +-
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm         |  10 +-
 gnu/packages/radio.scm              |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/scheme.scm             |   2 +-
 gnu/packages/statistics.scm         |   2 +-
 gnu/packages/tex.scm                | 262 ++++++++++++----------------
 guix/build/texlive-build-system.scm |  32 +---
 guix/profiles.scm                   |  48 -----
 19 files changed, 141 insertions(+), 253 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2