Subject: [PATCH core-updates 0/1] Allow patch-and-repack to work with plain files.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 15:02:31 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

While attempting to reproduce the now closed issue
<http://issues.guix.gnu.org/30116>, I stumbled upon another annoyance, which
is that the patch-and-repack procedure used as part of an origin derivation
didn't support single files, so the following failed, for example:

<#part type="text/plain" filename="/home/maxim/src/guix-core-updates/repro.scm" disposition=inline description="Script exhibiting problem">
<#/part>

The following patch fixes that, allowing to use plain files with any of the
already supported compressors, or non-tarball archived that would include a
single directory (the same convention as used for our tarballs).

Maxim Cournoyer (1):
  guix: packages: Allow patch-and-repack to work with plain files.

 guix/packages.scm  | 96 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 tests/packages.scm | 87 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 2 files changed, 149 insertions(+), 34 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2