Subject: 28.0.50; dired-do-copy leaks metadata in remote Dired buffers
From: Tino Calancha <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 15:45:41 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

X-Debbugs-Cc: [email-masked],[email-masked]

After commit 'Fix error in tramp-sh-handle-insert-directory'
(f5a1315f1ea035f30d1161e4af200acafdfebe01)
copying a file with `direddo-copy' inserts internal metadata in the
Dired buffer.

To reproduce:

emacs -Q /sudo::/home/USERNAME
;; copy an existent file in a Tramp Dired buffer as follows:
j test-file RET
C test-file-copy RET
;; In addition to the copied file, the following internal metadata is included in the buffer:
//DIRED// 41 48
//DIRED-OPTIONS// --quoting-style=literal

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2021-01-06 built on localhost.example.com
Repository revision: f5a1315f1ea035f30d1161e4af200acafdfebe01
Repository branch: bisect
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml easymenu
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs tramp-cache
tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp format-spec auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs cl-loaddefs cl-lib password-cache json subr-x map
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 71072 9392)
 (symbols 48 8335 1)
 (strings 32 26609 1818)
 (string-bytes 1 939429)
 (vectors 16 15206)
 (vector-slots 8 209157 11436)
 (floats 8 40 31)
 (intervals 56 1065 322)
 (buffers 984 12))