Subject: Emacs can't load org mode after last update
From: Marinus Savoritias <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 18:42:44 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I update Guix yesterday and org-mode doesn't load anymore.

The debug trace is this:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid version syntax: ‘’ (must 
start with a number)")
   signal(error ("Invalid version syntax: ‘’ (must start with a number)"))
   error("Invalid version syntax: `%s' (must start with a number)" "")
   version-to-list("")
   version<("" "9.0")
   #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x5c3b49>)()
   funcall(#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x5c3b49>))
   (lambda nil (funcall '#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x5c3b49>)))()
eval-after-load-helper("/home/marinus/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp/org.elc")
   run-hook-with-args(eval-after-load-helper 
"/home/marinus/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp/org.elc")
do-after-load-evaluation("/home/marinus/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp/org.elc")
   require(org)
byte-code("\300\301!\210\300\302!\210\300\303!\210\300\304!\210\300\305!\210\300\306!\210\307\310\311\312\313\314%\210\315\316\317\320\313\310\321\322&\7\210\315\323\324\325\313\310\321..." 
[require elfeed org dash s cl-lib xml custom-declare-group elfeed-org 
nil "Configure the Elfeed RSS reader with an Orgmode fi..." :group comm 
custom-declare-variable rmh-elfeed-org-tree-id "elfeed" "The tag or ID 
property on the trees containing the..." :type string 
rmh-elfeed-org-ignore-tag "ignore" "The tag on the feed trees that will 
be ignored." rmh-elfeed-org-auto-ignore-invalid-feeds "Tag feeds to 
ignore them when a feed could not loa..." bool rmh-elfeed-org-files 
(list "~/.emacs.d/elfeed.org") "The files where we look to find trees 
with the `rm..." (repeat (file :tag "org-mode file"))] 8)
   require(elfeed-org)
   eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "/home/marinus/.emacs" nil t)  ; 
Reading at buffer position 39
   load-with-code-conversion("/home/marinus/.emacs" 
"/home/marinus/.emacs" t t)
   load("~/.emacs" noerror nomessage)
   startup--load-user-init-file(#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 
0x5c3f71>) #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x5c3f85>) t)
   command-line()
   normal-top-level()

Everytime I try to open a org file I get the same error. I noticed that 
after I removed the elfeed-org requirement to see if that was the problem.

Emacs commit is this: 
  /gnu/store/lhw3zwhzra0w5l8a4jw8fvm58i75xyl8-emacs-27.1

Guix System config is this:

Generation 15   Dec 26 2020 15:25:17    (current)
   guix 4969b51
     repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
     branch: master
     commit: 4969b51d175497bfcc354c91803e9d70542b7113

My .emacs file has nothing besides this:

;;Elfeed config

(require 'elfeed-org)
(setq rmh-elfeed-org-files (list "~/.emacs.d/elfeed.org"))

Marinus