Subject: Re: [bug#45362] [PATCH 0/1] rtl8812au-aircrack-ng won't build on Linux 5.10
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: David Dashyan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 13:35:10 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

David,

David Dashyan 写道：
> Probably due to kernel update I'm not too sure.

Hah, yes :-)  Same damn upstream change that kept me busy all 
morning.

> Fix for this was just merged today:
> https://github.com/aircrack-ng/rtl8812au/pull/791

At a glance that looks like it should keep working fine on older 
kernels.

> I haven't tested it on kernell versions defined in linux.scm. 
> Do I need to do
> it before submitting patch for linux module?

I would, at least the latest ‘longterm’ release, currently 5.4. 
In this case it built fine.

The project obviously intend to keep backwards compatibility so 
any regressions are theirs to fix & ours to update or patch to.

Pushed with our conventional commit message, please take a 
look[0].

Thanks!

T G-R

[0]: 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=8c66ac72fb0ad01227f196d61a0a7675b6f48d61