Subject: 27.1; [PATCH] Correct position commentary in ETAGS.EBNF
From: Vasilij Schneidermann <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 18:13:56 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I've looked into the etags format and have been happy to discover that
there is actually a specification for it. There is a bug in a comment
though suggesting a position is the char position followed by the line
position, however it seems to be the other way around. I've looked a bit
more in the grammar, but other than that it seems to be fine.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.22, cairo version 1.17.3)
 of 2020-08-28 built on juergen
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Arch Linux

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-wide-int
 --with-modules --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: 
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 45038 9719)
 (symbols 48 6003 1)
 (strings 32 15474 1855)
 (string-bytes 1 504110)
 (vectors 16 10091)
 (vector-slots 8 130017 12348)
 (floats 8 19 39)
 (intervals 56 196 0)
 (buffers 1000 11))
From 1c91dcfdd9ad3cdd6fc2cc5e798f4a878ef5f929 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Vasilij Schneidermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 17:57:50 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Correct argument order in comment

* etc/ETAGS.EBNF (position): Correct comment
---
 etc/ETAGS.EBNF | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/etc/ETAGS.EBNF b/etc/ETAGS.EBNF
index 80deb16218..04db4e3dc8 100644
--- a/etc/ETAGS.EBNF
+++ b/etc/ETAGS.EBNF
@@ -52,7 +52,7 @@ pattern ::= regstring			   /* a tag pattern */
 
 tagname ::= regchar regstring		   /* a tag name */
 
-position ::= realposition | "," 	   /* charpos,linepos */
+position ::= realposition | "," 	   /* linepos,charpos */
 
 realposition ::= "," unsint | unsint "," | unsint "," unsint
 
-- 
2.29.2