Subject: [PATCH 0/2] μCsim: Extract from SDCC into separate package
From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 12:58:09 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Currently the package for SDCC, a C compiler suite for 8-bit microcontrollers,
builds and installs its own copy of μCsim, a collection of microcontroller
simulators.

This patch series adds a separate package for μCsim and removes the bundled
copy from SDCC.

Note that despite the name, "0.6-pre67" does appear to be the latest stable
version; the last "formal" release, 0.5.3, was made in 2004, and 0.6 has
apparently been in a pre-release state for four years now (see
http://mazsola.iit.uni-miskolc.hu/ucsim/download/unix/).

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

Simon South (2):
  gnu: Add μCsim.
  gnu: sdcc: Remove bundled μCsim.

 gnu/packages/embedded.scm | 43 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 gnu/packages/sdcc.scm     |  4 +++-
 2 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2