Subject: [PATCH] gnu: rottlog: Fix mail reporting.
From: dftxbs3e <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 04:41:29 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

I was getting errors like this in my GNU Guix System installation:

# cat /var/log/mcron.log
/gnu/store/8q2i735qhdivn5pn87b6ay7z16xnf6py-rottlog-
0.72.2/sbin/rottlog: line 1596: sendmail: command not found
/gnu/store/8q2i735qhdivn5pn87b6ay7z16xnf6py-rottlog-
0.72.2/sbin/rottlog: line 1596: sendmail: command not found
/gnu/store/8q2i735qhdivn5pn87b6ay7z16xnf6py-rottlog-
0.72.2/sbin/rottlog: line 1596: sendmail: command not found
/gnu/store/8q2i735qhdivn5pn87b6ay7z16xnf6py-rottlog-
0.72.2/sbin/rottlog: line 1596: sendmail: command not found
/gnu/store/8q2i735qhdivn5pn87b6ay7z16xnf6py-rottlog-
0.72.2/sbin/rottlog: line 1596: sendmail: command not found

I am guessing this means sendmail needs to be added as propagated-
inputs to ensure it is available to rottlog at runtime.

Attached patch with these changes!

Thank you!
From 6aab4645706f9fe285c253142efe4e9fd40f2c3a Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?L=C3=A9o=20Le=20Bouter?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 04:35:38 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] gnu: rottlog: Fix mail reporting.

* gnu/packages/admin.scm (rottlog):
[propagated-inputs]: Add sendmail.
---
 gnu/packages/admin.scm | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/admin.scm b/gnu/packages/admin.scm
index 9df14b5ca0..5c22d40d1d 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/admin.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/admin.scm
@@ -1385,6 +1385,7 @@ at once based on a Perl regular expression.")
                      ("automake" ,automake)
                      ("util-linux" ,util-linux))) ; for 'cal'
     (inputs `(("coreutils*" ,coreutils)))
+    (propagated-inputs `(("sendmail" ,sendmail)))
     (home-page "https://www.gnu.org/software/rottlog/")
     (synopsis "Log rotation and management")
     (description
-- 
2.29.2