Subject: Re: bug#45031: qoauth fail install/build
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: Distopico <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 00:47:32 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Distopico <[email-masked]> skriver:

> I was trying to install `guix install qoauth` and build `guix install
> qoauth` but it failed, and looks like is due The installation process is
> trying to copy some files that are part of qoauth into the store
> directory of qtbase, which is another package.
>
> Attached the log of the build.

[...]

> /gnu/store/qylisyh4cz32askxl5640qjhl47kr1wp-qtbase-5.14.2/bin/qmake -install qinstall /tmp/guix-build-qoauth-2.0.0.drv-0/source/oauth.prf /gnu/store/qylisyh4cz32askxl5640qjhl47kr1wp-qtbase-5.14.2/lib/qt5/mkspecs/features/oauth.prf
> Error copying /tmp/guix-build-qoauth-2.0.0.drv-0/source/oauth.prf to /gnu/store/qylisyh4cz32askxl5640qjhl47kr1wp-qtbase-5.14.2/lib/qt5/mkspecs/features/oauth.prf: Cannot create /gnu/store/qylisyh4cz32askxl5640qjhl47kr1wp-qtbase-5.14.2/lib/qt5/mkspecs/features/oauth.prf for output

For some reason $QMAKE_MKSPECS no longer resolves to the output at
install time.  I'm not sure when this regression occured.

After a quick rummaging of my store, it seems the practice of installing
"mkspecs" files is rather unorthodox (I found only 'qca', and it does
not use qmake at all and thus avoids this problem), so I committed an
unsatisfactory workaround in 627b70e3ac8aade9744a998c28570fbb52b986a7.

It would be good to find the source of the regression and fix 'qmake',
but let's get back to that if it becomes a widespread issue.

Thanks for the report!

(By the way, there are some [disabled] test failures in qoauth.  If you
intend to use this library for something important, I recommend trying
to get the tests working.)  :-)