Subject: Re: bug#44908: emacs -nw: view-lossage polluted by termcap / terminfo jazz
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 20:48:28 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:19:51 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Does the below fix the problem?
> 
> Yes, that fixes the problem.

Thanks, installed on the emacs-27 branch.

> > (But maybe we should still arrange for recording these events in the
> > dribble file? or is it impossible to have dribble active at this
> > point?)
> 
> Hm...  is it useful to have the events in the dribble file?

They are not events, they are responses by the terminal emulator to
our queries about its capabilities.  Emacs cannot distinguish between
such characters and those the user types, as they are read in the same
way.

Anyway, I convinced myself that the dribble file cannot be open at
this point, since all the functions that use
xterm--read-event-for-query do that during terminal initialization.

So I'm closing this bug report.