Subject: Subject: 28.0.50; [native-comp] breaks helm-find-files from keybind
From: Bjoern Bidar <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 14:09:42 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. have a clean Emacs install and install helm
2. Run is in *scratch*:
#+BEGIN_SRC Emacs-lisp
(require 'helm-config)
(global-set-key (kbd "C-x C-f") #'helm-find-files)
#+END_SRC
3. Use the previously set key bind

Loading the byte compiled file instead of the native-compiled file of helm-files 
works fine.

I noticed the error got introduced after the 17th of September.
After before that I made a build and today a made a new build and hit
the bug.
(I rebase feature/native-comp regularly on pgtk as seen here:
https://github.com/Thaodan/emacs/tree/feature/pgtk%2Bnative_comp)

Backtrace:
#+BEGIN_SRC
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp t)
  file-remote-p(t)
  helm-find-files-input(t #("redistribute" 0 12 (face font-lock-comment-face 
fontified t)))
  helm-find-files-initial-input()
  helm-find-files(nil)
  funcall-interactively(helm-find-files nil)
  command-execute(helm-find-files)
#+END_SRC

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.23, 
cairo version 1.17.3)
 of 2020-11-16 built on 763071
Repository revision: db1c77d85d9117667302e107fe1a09078e2e428e
Repository branch: makepkg
Windowing system distributor 'System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --with-nativecomp --with-json=yes --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz
 --with-wide-int --with-pgtk --with-libsystemd --with-threads
 --with-libpng --with-jpeg --with-tiff --with-gif --with-rsvg
 --with-dbus --with-glib --enable-link-time-optimization
 --enable-profiling --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d
 --without-m17n-flt --with-imagemagick --with-cairo --with-xwidgets
 'CFLAGS=-mtune=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -fno-plt -fPIC
 -g -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -fuse-ld=gold -g
 -fvar-tracking-assignments
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs-native-comp-git/src=/usr/src/debug'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 PGTK XIM MODULES NATIVE_COMP THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  helm-ff-cache-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug winner help-fns cl-print debug
helm-config helm-for-files helm-comint helm-imenu semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local
cedet imenu helm-bookmark helm-external helm-mode helm-elisp helm-files
image-dired image-mode exif dired-x ffap thingatpt tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete
parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp helm-buffers helm-tags helm-locate helm-eval
edebug backtrace find-func helm-occur helm-grep helm-regexp format-spec
helm-net xml helm-adaptive helm-info info helm-utils helm-types
helm-help bookmark helm async-bytecomp helm-global-bindings
helm-easymenu helm-source helm-multi-match edmacro kmacro eieio-compat
helm-lib comp warnings rx cl-extra help-mode smtpmail sendmail dired-aux
advice async compile comint ansi-color ring easy-mmode autoload
radix-tree lisp-mnt tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode cus-edit pp cus-start
cus-load wid-edit finder-inf mm-archive message dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils gnutls network-stream url-http mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc
puny url-cache url-auth epg epg-config package easymenu browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face pcase macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit pgtk lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process nativecomp emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 374800 75065)
 (symbols 48 26314 1)
 (strings 32 109729 8722)
 (string-bytes 1 3454956)
 (vectors 16 43281)
 (vector-slots 8 1097259 395101)
 (floats 8 115 287)
 (intervals 56 1618 37)
 (buffers 992 20))