Subject: Re: bug#44451: 27.1; doc string of `read-char-from-minibuffer'
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:12:53 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 10:40:01 -0800 (PST)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> 
>  "Read a character from the minibuffer, prompting for PROMPT."
> 
> You are not prompted for PROMPT.  You are prompted (for a char)
> with PROMPT.

Fixed.

>  "When HISTORY is a symbol, then allows navigating in a history."
> 
> English: it should be "When...symbol, allow navigating..."

Fixed.

> But it's not clear what "navigating in a history" means.  The
> description of `M-n' etc. isn't clear - or needed.  And what if
> HISTORY is non-nil but not a symbol?

You get an error, I think.

> In any case, I suggest you just say that HISTORY is passed to
> `read-from-minibuffer', which is the case.

That isn't accurate: this function really expects HISTORY to be a
symbol of a history variable.