Subject: Re: bug#44354: [PATCH] gnu: gnome-deskop-service-type: Set GUIX_GTK*_IM_MODULE_FILE.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Cc: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>, Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 14:38:38 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Maxim and Liliana,
>
> I hardly remember what this was about :)  But I can report that today
> ibus-libpinyin works for me.

Yes, it works for me too, not for pinyin but for anthy.

[...]

>> Ricardo seems to have good arguments about doing things differently (on
>> the user side).  With Guix Home now part of Guix, can we close this
>> issue and revisit it?
>
> I don’t know how Guix Home fits into the conversation here.  I’m also a
> little worried about making the use of Guix Home mandatory for features
> like input methods (and sound, because that’s what I hear is recommended
> for pipewire).

You are right.  Guix Home should provide a nice way to declare home
things, which it does, but not be a requirement to get software working
out of the box.

I'll close the ticket now.

Thanks!

Maxim