Subject: 28.0.50; eww renders xml processing element as is
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 21:17:35 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I published a webpage using org. The output has this xml element at the
top:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

But this is rendered as it is in eww when I fetch it from the hosted
website.

When I view-source the element there is:

&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Note that the opening angle bracket is converted to HTML entity type.

The hosted page is https://codeisgreat.org/ and source is at
https://github.com/jangid/codeisgreat/blob/master/docs/index.html. If
that helps.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0, NS
appkit-1894.60 Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H2))
 of 2020-10-31 built on mb2.local Repository revision:
74c45a62e1e48d7c52dc513b6911e65dcc38aa23 Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894 System
Description: Mac OS X 10.15.7

Configured using:
 'configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/ruby/include
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/local/opt/sqlite/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libffi/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features: JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8 value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: eww

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t global-eldoc-mode: t electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t tool-bar-mode: t menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t global-font-lock-mode: t font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t auto-composition-mode: t auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t buffer-read-only: t line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows: None found.

Features: (shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail view mhtml-mode
css-mode smie color js imenu cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs sgml-mode cl-extra
help-mode gnutls network-stream url-http mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw nsm
rmc url-cache url-auth format-spec eww easymenu xdg url-queue thingatpt
shr kinsoku svg xml dom browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap puny mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
text-property-search time-date subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv mail-utils wid-edit mm-util mail-prsvr cl-loaddefs
cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information: ((conses 16 116182 8858)
 (symbols 48 13342 1) (strings 32 39602 2558) (string-bytes 1 1369339)
 (vectors 16 20825) (vector-slots 8 262285 11163) (floats 8 141 51)
 (intervals 56 695 0) (buffers 992 14))

-- 
Pankaj