Subject: Re: [bug#44335] [PATCH v2 0/3] Install Chromium extensions with Guix!
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 18:38:21 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 02, 2020 at 01:22:25AM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote:
>> Hello,
>> 
>> Here is an updated patch series that introduces a new module to deal
>> with the Chromium extension machinery.
>> 
>> The procedures have also been tweaked a little to reduce duplication.
>> 
>> I still don't know why extensions installed with Guix are not updated.
>> It could be that the update functionality has been patched out by
>> ungoogled-chromium.  More testing pending.
>
> Really great work Marius! We trust your judgement on when the code is
> "ready".

Thanks, it's in 'master' now!  After further testing I found that
updating extensions does work, not sure what went wrong the first time
around.

Removing and reinstalling extensions is still "impossible" without
serious Chromium profile surgery.  But let's deal with that later.

I also committed a bonus extension that can send YouTube and other
streaming sites directly to the Kodi media center.

Feedback still welcome.  Enjoy the new add-on enchanced
ungoogled-chromium experience!  :-)

Now to figure out how to do the same for IceCat...