Subject: [feature/native-comp]
From: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 23:58:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Andrea

[We talked about this briefly on Twitter;
 https://twitter.com/magit_emacs/status/1313534891506757635.]

When running gccemacs from the git repository without installing but by
using a symlink like e.g. /usr/local/bin/emacs -> ~/git/emacs/src/emacs,
then that results in an error like:

  emacs: /usr/local/bin/../native-lisp/<snip>.eln: cannot open shared
  object file: No such file or directory

You mentioned that this happens because code in pdump[er].c just relies
on invocation-directory and that you are wonder whether symlinks should
be followed to address this.

  I think they should. :D
  Please have a look.
  Thanks!
  Jonas