Subject: 27.0.91; `tabulated-list-mode': No sort-direction indicator for
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 14:51:13 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

rightmost column
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: Oracle Beehive Extensions for Outlook 2.0.1.9.1  (1003210) [OL
 16.0.5005.0 (x86)]
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Use `buffer-menu'.  Click column-header `File', to sort by that column.
There is no sort-direction indicator,
`tabulated-list-gui-sort-indicator-(asc|desc)'.  There should be one,
whenever, as in this case, the column content is wider than one char.

This is a failing of the design of `tabulated-list-init-header'.  It's
often the case that some columns that are not limited in width to one
char have a `tabulated-list-format' whose second element is 1.  For
column `File' this is ("File" 1 t), for instance.  It's wrong for
`tabulated-list-init-header' to rely on that `1' to indicate whether
there's room for a sort indicator.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2020-04-20
Repository revision: c36c5a3dedbb2e0349be1b6c3b7567ea7b594f1c
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.18362
Configured using:
 `configure --without-dbus --host=3Dx86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=3D-O2 -static''