Subject: Re: bug#44068: 28.0.50; Faulty uses of tabulated-list-format
From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 23:51:40 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 11:38:04 -0500 Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> BTW, does it work better with narrowing the column, too?  We seem to
>>> have some issues with that currently.
>>
>> Do you mean that truncation happens even though there is still enough
>> space to display the data or header?  I see that both with hard spaces
>> and with the :right-align property.  I haven't tried to figure out why
>> that's happening, but seems to be separate from above change.
>
> Indeed, it is a separate issue.  I have opened Bug#44594 to track it.

Thanks.

>> Given that, and also Eli's approval of the tabulated-list-init-header
>> patch, I've gone ahead and committed these changes.  I didn't make any
>> of the column width changes I proposed in my first patch, since with the
>> tabulated-list-init-header patch they don't seem to be needed.
>
> Thank you!  I guess this bug should therefore be closed as fixed?

Yeah, I forgot to do that after committing the patch, done now.

Steve Berman