Subject: guix import pypi [email-masked] breaks
From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 15:48:19 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear,

The syntax across the different importers are not uniform.  Especially,
compare:

   guix import hackage [email-masked]
   guix import pypi [email-masked]

and worse, the option ’--recursive’ leads to an error for the latter.
Note that instead:

   guix import pypi itsdangerous/1.1.0

perfectly works, even the option ’--recursive’.

All the information is there, and the UI has to be fixed.  It is a
perfect first contribution fixes.

All the best,
simon

PS:
Reported by Zelphir Kaltstahl.
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2020-10/msg00055.html>