Subject: Re: bug#43633: 28.0.50; Include definitions in glossary for: extensible, customizable, self-documenting, real-time display editor
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 09:05:20 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 23:33:29 +0300
> From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > > Emacs is the extensible, customizable, self-documenting real-time
> > > display editor.
> > > 
> > > In my opinion, those terms are special in Emacs, and should be
> > > described as terms in the Glossary section of Emacs Info file.
> > 
> > I don't understand: these terms are explained right there in the
> > section which starts with that sentence.  Why would we need to explain
> > them in the Glossary?
> 
> By the sole definition of what glossary represents.

But those terms aren't used anywhere else in the manual, are they?
Actually, "self-documenting" _is_ used elsewhere, but then it's
already in the Glossary.  The rest are used exactly once, in this
section.

So I see no need to change anything in this regard, and I'm closing
this bug report.