Subject: vc-bzr-test-bug9726 test fails on master
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 10:55:41 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After installing bzr, I am seeing a failing test on current master:

Running 3 tests (2020-09-10 19:35:38+0200, selector `(not (or (tag
:expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))')
   passed  1/3  vc-bzr-test-bug9726 (1.965520 sec)
Test vc-bzr-test-bug9781 backtrace:
  signal(error ("When applying VC operations to multiple files, the...
  error("When applying VC operations to multiple files, the..." "/tmp/
  vc-dir-deduce-fileset(state-model-only-files)
  vc-deduce-fileset(nil t state-model-only-files)
  vc-next-action(nil)
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode -0xc5c612cb2d05650>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name vc-bzr-test-bug9781 :documentation "T
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or ... ...)) :te
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable))) #f(co
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/vc/vc-bzr-tests" "--
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test vc-bzr-test-bug9781 condition:
    (error "When applying VC operations to multiple files, the files
are required
to  be in similar VC states.
/tmp/vc-bzr-testNYcjpH/bzr/ed to open trace file: [Errno 13]
Permission denied: '/nonexistent' in state nil clashes with
/tmp/vc-bzr-testNYcjpH/bzr/file in state edited")
   FAILED  2/3  vc-bzr-test-bug9781 (1.704149 sec)
Falling back on "slow" status detection ((file-missing "Opening input
file" "No such file or directory"
"/tmp/vc-bzr-testSiTKvP/bzr/.bzr/checkout/dirstate"))
Error: (error "Failed (status 3): bzr status --no-classify loaddefs.el")
Warnings in `bzr' output: failed to open trace file: [Errno 13]
Permission denied: '/nonexistent'
brz: ERROR: invalid header line: b''

Error: (error "Failed (status 3): bzr status --no-classify loaddefs.el")
Warnings in `bzr' output: failed to open trace file: [Errno 13]
Permission denied: '/nonexistent'
brz: ERROR: invalid header line: b''

  INFO     Scraping files for loaddefs.el...
  INFO     Scraping files for loaddefs.el...done
   passed  3/3  vc-bzr-test-faulty-bzr-autoloads (1.247783 sec)

Ran 3 tests, 2 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2020-09-10
19:35:44+0200, 5.880488 sec)

1 unexpected results:
   FAILED  vc-bzr-test-bug9781

make[3]: *** [Makefile:183: lisp/vc/vc-bzr-tests.log] Error 1

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 14, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.22, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-09-10 built on joffe
Repository revision: be4c4a7389cf0a47bc2c3e2896d4d0e2f09daa16
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --enable-checking=yes --enable-check-lisp-object-type
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/skangas/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/home/skangas/usr/lib/pkgconfig:'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD
JSON PDUMPER LCMS2