Subject: 28.0.50; package-installed-p returns nil for tablegen-mode (not published in melpa) which is installed via quelpa
From: Zhiwei Chen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 01:44:57 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

To reproduce:

(unless (package-installed-p 'use-package)
  (package-refresh-contents)
  (package-install 'use-package))
(eval-and-compile
  (setq use-package-always-ensure nil)
  (setq use-package-always-defer nil)
  (setq use-package-always-demand nil)
  (setq use-package-expand-minimally nil)
  (setq use-package-enable-imenu-support t))
(eval-when-compile
  (require 'use-package))

;; Bootstrap `quelpa'.
(use-package quelpa
  :ensure t
  :custom
  (quelpa-update-melpa-p nil)
  (quelpa-self-upgrade-p nil)
  (quelpa-checkout-melpa-p nil))

(use-package quelpa-use-package
  :ensure t
  :config
  (quelpa-use-package-activate-advice)
  :custom
  (quelpa-use-package-inhibit-loading-quelpa t))
  
;; LLVM IR
(use-package llvm-mode
  :ensure t
  :quelpa (llvm-mode :fetcher url
                     :url "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/llvm/llvm-project/master/llvm/utils/emacs/llvm-mode.el")
  :mode ("\\.ll\\'" . llvm-mode))

;; TableGen description
(use-package tablegen-mode
  :ensure t
  :quelpa (tablegen-mode :fetcher url
                         :url "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/llvm/llvm-project/master/llvm/utils/emacs/tablegen-mode.el")
  :mode ("\\.td\\'" . tablegen-mode))

Run:
  
M-: (package-installed-p 'tablegen-mode) RET

It returns nil for tablegen-mode while t for llvm-mode.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.23, cairo version 1.17.3)
 of 2020-09-07 built on lilydjwg
Repository revision: 811dcb7e8f8198c416ad1d3e018ff2c6c05c0ca8
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d --without-compress-install
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -flto'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dashboard

Minor modes in effect:
  counsel-projectile-mode: t
  global-atomic-chrome-edit-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  page-break-lines-mode: t
  org-roam-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  shackle-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  global-evil-collection-unimpaired-mode: t
  evil-collection-unimpaired-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  general-override-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-history-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/condy/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20190710.1319/cmake-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode

Features:
(shadow org-mu4e cl-print emacsbug server rmsbolt rmsbolt-split
rmsbolt-java disass evil-collection-mu4e mu4e desktop frameset mu4e-org
mu4e-main mu4e-view mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-context mu4e-draft
mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 smtpmail sendmail mu4e-mark mu4e-proc
mu4e-utils mu4e-lists mu4e-message shr svg dom flow-fill mule-util
mu4e-vars mu4e-meta display-line-numbers linum evil-collection-vc-git
vc-git counsel-projectile evil-collection-bookmark bookmark
atomic-chrome websocket let-alist company-keywords company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-capf evil-collection-company
company lsp-mode lsp-protocol spinner markdown-mode edit-indirect inline
evil-collection-imenu imenu ht dash-functional bindat whitespace
projectile evil-collection-flycheck flycheck hideshow paren saveplace
hl-line so-long appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs exec-path-from-shell
evil-collection-dashboard dashboard dashboard-widgets time recentf
tree-widget wid-edit page-break-lines org-roam org-roam-graph xml
org-roam-doctor org-roam-db emacsql-sqlite3 emacsql emacsql-compiler
org-roam-dailies org-roam-capture org-roam-completion org-roam-buffer
org-roam-faces org-roam-macs org-roam-compat ol-eww org-tempo tempo
ol-info org-habit org-protocol org-capture ox-md ox-html table ox-ascii
ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree generator org-id ob-sql ob-shell
ob-python ob-ocaml ob-gnuplot ob-eshell ob-dot ob-calc calc-store
calc-trail calc-ext evil-collection-calc calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs
ob-C ob-awk org-clock org-agenda org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities evil-collection-outline noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs evil-collection-calendar cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments
doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path f shackle trace winner
evil-collection-which-key which-key rg rg-info-hack rg-menu transient
async-bytecomp async format-spec rg-ibuffer rg-result wgrep-rg
evil-collection-wgrep wgrep s rg-history rg-header ibuf-ext
evil-collection-ibuffer ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs evil-collection-grep
grep counsel xdg gcmh evil-collection-unimpaired evil-collection-xref
evil-collection-vterm evil-collection-vc-dir evil-collection-term
evil-collection-tab-bar evil-collection-speedbar evil-collection-simple
evil-collection-process-menu evil-collection-package-menu
evil-collection-occur evil-collection-ivy evil-collection-info
evil-collection-image evil-collection-help evil-collection-flymake
evil-collection-eshell em-prompt esh-mode evil-collection-ert
evil-collection-epa evil-collection-elisp-mode evil-collection-doc-view
evil-collection-dired evil-collection-diff-mode evil-collection-debug
evil-collection-compile evil-collection-comint evil-collection-buff-menu
evil-collection-auto-package-update dired-narrow dired-hacks-utils
evil-collection annalist evil-surround evil evil-integration undo-tree
evil-maps evil-commands reveal flyspell ispell evil-jumps
evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex shell pcomplete
evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common windmove rect
evil-digraphs evil-vars diff-hl-flydiff diff diff-hl vc-dir diff-mode
hl-todo init init-hydra init-gnus init-reader doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif init-insert skeleton init-spell init-shell eshell
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups
esh-util vterm face-remap term disp-table ehelp vterm-module init-dired
init-mail pcase init-dev init-d init-go init-sql init-elisp init-python
init-haskell init-bazel init-ocaml init-rust init-cpp cmacexp cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs mm-archive message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnutls
network-stream url-http url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth ivy-xref
xref project flymake-proc flymake compile comint ansi-color thingatpt
init-git vc vc-dispatcher init-lsp init-evil general init-core
init-tools vlf-setup 0x0 ert pp ewoc debug backtrace advice find-func
webpaste request autorevert filenotify mail-utils url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap auto-package-update dash swiper ivy-hydra hydra lv
ivy-avy avy ivy delsel ring ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color init-ui
doom-themes-ext-org doom-one-theme doom-themes doom-themes-base init-org
doct warnings init-startup all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces
data-material data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons
data-faicons data-alltheicons memoize init-utils init-base no-littering
speedbar ezimage dframe kinsoku init-macros quelpa-use-package quelpa
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr lisp-mnt help-fns radix-tree cl-extra help-mode
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf rx
edmacro kmacro info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib early-init tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 672961 509449)
 (symbols 48 54066 46)
 (strings 32 210892 64109)
 (string-bytes 1 6340862)
 (vectors 16 90747)
 (vector-slots 8 1670977 523809)
 (floats 8 989 1907)
 (intervals 56 792 457)
 (buffers 992 12))