Subject: 27.0.91; org-fontify-whole-heading-line does not work in emacs 27
From: Erik Hetzner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2020 19:29:01 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Setting `org-fontify-whole-heading-line' and `org-fontify-whole-block-delimiter-line' does not give a background color to the entire line in emacs 27. It works in 26.3 (although the latter variable is not present).

To reproduce, evaluate:

(require 'org)
(setq org-fontify-whole-heading-line t
      org-fontify-whole-block-delimiter-line t) ;; omit in emacs 26
(load-theme 'leuven t) ;; uses a colored background for org headings

Then open a simple org file, e.g.

* Hello world
** test
#+begin_src
#+end_src

In emacs 26.3, the entire heading line (and block delimiter) has a background color. In emacs 27, this is not the case.

See attached images.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2020-06-29 built on lcy01-amd64-005
Repository revision: 59e768d64ad97782249fda9e53b6adc94c6d0130
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix= --prefix=/snap/emacs/current/usr --with-xwidgets
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d --with-modules --with-cairo
 'CFLAGS= -isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include'
 'CPPFLAGS= -isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include'
 'LDFLAGS= -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/lib
 -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/lib
 -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
 -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr ob-ditaa ob-plantuml ol-bibtex bibtex org-clock
org-colview org-crypt org-habit org-agenda org-indent org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp
org-table ol org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
org-list org-pcomplete pcomplete org-src org-keys ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core org-compat advice ob-eval org-macs thingatpt
help-fns radix-tree help-mode emacsbug message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache
epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search time-date subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 114056 8874)
 (symbols 48 12853 1)
 (strings 32 44116 2167)
 (string-bytes 1 1452734)
 (vectors 16 19756)
 (vector-slots 8 231546 15454)
 (floats 8 80 118)
 (intervals 56 298 0)
 (buffers 1000 12))