Subject: Re: bug#42118: Editing pulseaudio config file fails with "No such file or directory"
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 20:39:34 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]> writes:

> So if I disable pulseaudio autostart, and start it from bash, I get these errors
>
> bash-5.0$ pulseaudio
> E: [pulseaudio] module-jack-sink.c: jack_client_open() failed.
> E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-jack-sink"
> (argument: ""): initialization failed.
> E: [pulseaudio] module-jack-source.c: jack_client_open() failed.
> E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-jack-source"
> (argument: ""): initialization failed.
>
> So pulseaudio is seeing my settings correctly, but some other problem
> is preventing it from working.

Seems the original issue got understood, but you still have some
configuration problem to tackle.

Closing this old forgotten issue, although note that the recently
introduce 'extra-script-files' field of the pulseaudio-configuration may
be useful to what you are/were trying to achieve.

Thanks,

Maxim