Subject: Re: bug#41897: 28.0.50; JavaScript comment filling with mhtml-mode
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: Simen Heggestøyl <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 13:13:22 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, Simen.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 19:17:50 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> We're gradually converging on working code.  Since yesterday, the
> improvements are:

> (i) (slightly) better handling of auto-fill-mode, which is no longer
> automatically enabled;

> (ii) An enhancement to CC Mode, used by mhtml-mode and js-mode, which
> invalidates a CC Mode cache used by the filling code.  This gets rid of
> a few strange looking bugs;

> (iii) The inclusion of "paragraph-" in the "crucial variables" thing, so
> that paragraph-start and paragraph-separate from js-mode get into
> mhtml-mode.

I've committed more or less the patch from my post of 2020-06-22, which
I'm convinced fixes the bug.  I'm closing the bug with this post.

[ .... ]

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).