Subject: [PATCH] doc: Add note to 'udisks-service'.
From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 13:52:18 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

* doc/guix.texi (Desktop Services): Specify how to add file-systems
utilities to 'udisks-service'.
---
 doc/guix.texi | 11 ++++++++---
 1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/guix.texi b/doc/guix.texi
index 8335373145..12ed7923b3 100644
--- a/doc/guix.texi
+++ b/doc/guix.texi
@@ -16631,9 +16631,14 @@ Possible values are:
 
 @deffn {Scheme Procedure} udisks-service [#:udisks @var{udisks}]
 Return a service for @uref{https://udisks.freedesktop.org/docs/latest/,
-UDisks}, a @dfn{disk management} daemon that provides user interfaces with
-notifications and ways to mount/unmount disks.  Programs that talk to UDisks
-include the @command{udisksctl} command, part of UDisks, and GNOME Disks.
+UDisks}, a @dfn{disk management} daemon that provides user interfaces
+with notifications and ways to mount/unmount disks.  Programs that talk
+to UDisks include the @command{udisksctl} command, part of UDisks, and
+GNOME Disks.  Note that Udisks rely on the @command{mount} command, so
+it will only be able to use the file-system utilities which are
+installed in the system profile.  For example if you want to be able to
+mount NTFS file-systems in read and write fashion, you'll need to have
+@code{ntfs-3g} installed system-wide.
 @end deffn
 
 @deffn {Scheme Variable} colord-service-type
-- 
2.26.2