Subject: Re: error in `sentence-end-base'
From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
To: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:22:36 +0900

In article <[email-masked]>, Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:

> > there is obviously an error in the `sentence-end-base' variable,
> > defined in lisp/textmodes/paragraphs.el (and also set in sgml-mode.el
> > and texinfo.el) as:
> >
> > "[.?!][]\"'””)}]*"
> >
> >  There are two `U+201D RIGHT DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK' characters in the
> > class

> The first cheracter has code-point 0x2149, and the second one has
> code-point 0x727D; both code-points refer to the character 8221.

> IIUC, this is some hold-over from pre-unicode Emacs.  Handa, could you
> verify this?  I assume it's ok to remove one of these characters?

Yes.  I've just installed these changes.

2009-08-18  Kenichi Handa  <[email-masked]>

	* textmodes/paragraphs.el: Change to utf-8.  Adjust coding cookie.
	(sentence-end-without-space): Delete duplicated chars.
	(sentence-end-base): Likewise.

	* textmodes/sgml-mode.el: Change to utf-8.  Adjust coding cookie.
	(html-mode): Delete duplicated chars from sentence-end-base.

	* textmodes/texinfo.el: Change to utf-8.  Adjust coding cookie.
	(texinfo-mode): Delete duplicated chars from sentence-end-base.

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]