Subject: Can't build glibc-mesboot0
From: Roel Janssen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 15:10:14 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Guix,

I installed Guix System on my computer but I am facing two problems:

1. "guix pull" returns:
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from these channels:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git	28e9a11
guix pull: error: glibc-bootstrap-system-2.2.5.patch: patch not found

I worked around that by doing:
$ find /gnu/store -name "glibc-bootstrap-system-2.2.5.patch"
$ mkdir ~/dummy; cd ~/dummy; ln -s <the-location-of-this-file>
$ export GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH=~/dummy

Is there a proper way to fix this?

2. Installing emacs fails because the build of glibc-mesboot0 fails
with:

patch: **** Can't open patch file
/gnu/store/wcz8d4vkcjs7c6m56mz3lsbkxgvnb17v-glibc-bootstrap-system-
2.2.5.patcherror 02:  
command "patch" "--force" "-p1" "-i"
"/gnu/store/wcz8d4vkcjs7c6m56mz3lsbkxgvnb17v-glibc-bootstrap-system-
2.2.5.patch" failed with status 2

The file:
/gnu/store/wcz8d4vkcjs7c6m56mz3lsbkxgvnb17v-glibc-bootstrap-system-
2.2.5.patch

.. seems to be a symlink to:
 /gnu/store/crjgq2qq4s2cvbcb4impjpsn4wyxfgqq-guix-
28e9a11/gnu/packages/patches/glibc-bootstrap-system-2.2.5.patch

I'm using:
# guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 1.1.0-3.52b01cb

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Roel Janssen